Comprehensive Healthcare Medical Training Program
The Comprehensive Healthcare Interpreter Training Program is our most extensive medical interpreter course. It provides theoretical and practical training for aspiring and professional medical interpreters. The course is composed of 8 units. Each unit in the course contains a section on:
– the Healthcare System in the U.S.
– Body System
– Medical devices, tests, and procedures
– Interpreter Ethics
– Interpretation Theory
– Interpretation Practice Exercises
With this course, students will be able to:
1. Expand their knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and medical procedures.
2. Build an extensive base of “ready-to-use” linguistic equivalents of medical and special terminology.
3. Improve their interpretation skills with the help of an instructor (Packages 3-5).
4. Gain a better understanding of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for medical interpreters.
The Comprehensive Interpreter Training Program is offered in the following five packages.
Length of access: 24 weeks
Feedback from interpreters who took this course
*If you do not see your language in the drop-down menu, it is due to lack of demand. We can upgrade the course to your language after you made the purchase. Please keep in mind that this upgrade can take up to 2-3 weeks.
**ASL interpreters take LEO courses without instructor evaluation, on a self-assessment basis.
***To find the number of CEUs your state or organization grants for this course, click here.
****Our office hours are Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 5 PM, and enrollment in courses is done manually. We try to accommodate all after hours requests, but if you purchase the course over the weekend, you might need to wait till Monday to get enrolled.
*****You will need to create an account only after you purchased the course. Please wait for an email from us after you made a purchase. Once you have created an account, you need to notify us: Services@linguisteducationonline.com