Preparatory Course for the NBCMI Exam
This course was created to prepare those who are taking the NBCMI Exam and who need to meet the 40-hour training requirement. It includes:
– Chapters on body systems, the U.S. Healthcare System, diseases and procedures
– Language-specific glossaries
– Healthcare Interpreter Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
– Interpretation theory
– Subject matter-specific content
– Interpretation exercises (8 evaluated by instructor)
– 1 Skype Lesson with an instructor
Length of access: 12 weeks
Students may choose to take a final interpretation performance assessment test with this course. The test is optional and comes with an additional fee of $104.99 per mode (CI, SI, ST) or $289.00 for all three.
Feedback from interpreters who took this course
*If you do not see your language in the drop-down menu, it is due to lack of demand. We can upgrade the course to your language after you made the purchase. Please keep in mind that this upgrade can take up to 2-3 weeks.
**Our office hours are Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 5 PM, and enrollment in courses is done manually. We try to accommodate all after hours requests, but if you purchase the course over the weekend, you might need to wait till Monday to get enrolled.
***You will need to create an account only after you purchased the course. Please wait for an email from us after you made a purchase. Once you have created an account, you need to notify us: Services@linguisteducationonline.com