Intercultural Communication for Interpreters and Translators
Effective intercultural communication gives you a professional edge needed to excel in the T&I world. Cultural differences pose certain complexities to our work, and understanding how they are internalized and expressed is important and useful.
– How do your clients experience working with you as a professional?
– What are their communicative expectations?
– How can you improve your active listening skills?
– Is active listening different when it is intercultural?
– Aren’t all relationships ultimately intercultural?
– How can I avoid miscommunication or discomfort in my interactions?
The workshop answers these questions and explores the role of the translator and interpreter as a communication expert in addition to being a linguistic one.
Presenter: Dr. Izabel Souza
Approved for 1 CE hour with CCHI and 0.1 RID CEU, as well as for court interpreting CEUs in MI, KY, NC, NE, NM, TN.