Intercultural Communication for Interpreters and Translators
Effective intercultural communication gives you a professional edge needed to excel in the T&I world. Cultural differences pose certain complexities to our work, and understanding how they are internalized and expressed is important and useful.
– How do your clients experience working with you?
– What are their communicative expectations?
– How can you improve your active listening skills?
– Is active listening different when it is intercultural?
– Aren’t all relationships ultimately intercultural?
– How can I avoid miscommunication or discomfort in my interactions?
This webinar answers all these questions and explores the role of the translator and interpreter as a communication expert in addition to being a linguistic one.
CEUs: 1 CCHI, 0.1 RID, and court interpreting CEUs in MI, KY, NC, NE, NM, TN.*
*If you do not see your state or organization’s CEUs here, contact us via Services@linguisteducationonline.com. In most cases we can submit the webinar for CEUs on demand.
**Our office hours are Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 5 PM, and access to webinars is given manually. We try to accommodate all after hours requests, but if you purchase the webinar over the weekend, you might need to wait till Monday to get access.